Prestigious Château in Provence is seeking its General Manager.
This is a hands-on position in which you will be in charge of increasing sale, continue the planned growth of the winery and manage its team.
You will focus on building a growing, lasting and sustainable business, work on budgeting and financial projections, and field daily calls.
As General Manager, you will act as “The Face” of the winery to the outside world.
You will be responsible for leading and directing the wholesale and marketing efforts, and will collaborate with the ownership to create and manage the strategic planning and related budgets.
Vos missions principales
• You will manage and perform the daily needs of the tasting room, sales, and general operations for the Winery and will be the primary contact for winery employees and vendors
• You will facilitate inventory control, tracking all sales and inventory distribution, setting up policies and procedures in relation to inventory
• You will manage all label approvals for different markets
• You will coordinate incoming inventory, logistics around container input, custom clearance, transport, warehouse, tracking and you will ensure an efficient delivery of the product
• You will provide the ownership with sales, financial and marketing data, reports, trends, resources and counsel
Tasting Room Management:
• You will oversee tasting room staff, responsible for daily opening and closing register procedures and provide bookkeeping with documentation, receipts and cash
• You will manage the sales channels to ensure a balanced sales growth that is manageable and anticipated
• You will manage Exports and serve as intermediary between foreign buyers and Winery
• You will work with the company leaders to create and implement marketing plan and strategies, ensuring that the website and all collateral support the winery's image
• In collaboration with the organization, you will develop budgets, forecasting, and a tracking system that is simple yet provides the details needed to quickly respond
• You will interact with accounting on issues regarding employee pay, vendor billing and wine sales documentation
Holder of a College degree in Wine Business Management, you have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience at a similar position, as well as in a global organization, and you can attest of a successful wine sales experience.
An International Trade Certification is also recommended.
You have a good understanding of compliance in Provence, and know the Exports Wine Business well.
You are interested in and have good knowledge of Organic and Biodynamic practices.
You are fluent in at least French and English.
Permanent Contract / CDI.
To be determined.
To be determined.
Send resume and cover letter with salary expectations under reference VR1791, online at www.vineajobs.com or by email at email@example.com.