One of the leading French wine brands in the United States, Gerard Bertrand, is looking to strengthen its dynamic sales team with a National Off-Premise Chains Sales Manager.
You will be in charge of the development of our off-premise chain business on a national scale.
- Work closely with our distributors networks to establish, communicate and execute annual plans to achieve volume, distribution, and executional goals in national chains.
- Distributor management to include volume forecasting, measurement of merchandising performance activity against established goals, increasing distribution of our brands within the market, pricing maintenance and spending against determined budgets.
- Build customer relations with key accounts at all levels.
- Present & build customer plans.
- Educate our distributors partners and key customers on Gerard Bertrand Wines through quarterly business reviews, new item presentations and ongoing communication.
- Seek and utilize market data to identify opportunities with each customer and label.
A graduate in business/marketing or related field, you have a minimum of 5 years experience in off-premise sales for the wine industry.
- Passionate about French wine, you have a good understanding of the sector and distributor management
- Proven track record of winning new business with top accounts
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage challenging customer relations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely detail orientated
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver strong presentations in an entertaining and educational manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain focus on key initiatives.
- Good understanding of category management strategy and tools.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to build and utilize relationships with buyers, TFE field teams and distributor teams.
- Strong business and analytical skills, with aptitude for numbers and spreadsheets.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid CDL.
Full Time; Frequent travel (both short and long distance)